Naturopathy is a holistic approach based on the idea that the human body seeks balance and can heal itself.
Naturopathic Medicine is a system is care that focuses on the individual,
taking into account their own unique history and constitution. It employs
treatment methods that recognise the inter-dependence of the physical
processes of the body, biochemical elements and psychological effects.
The basis principals include:
- Nature can heal if given the correct conditions to do so
- Treat the cause, not the symptom
- Treat the whole person as in the naturopathic triad where physical, chemical and psychological are all inter-connected
- The treatment process involves teamwork and consultation between the patient and practitioner
- Prevention is the cure
- Commonly used tools in Naturopathy include the use of clinical dietetics, hydrotherapy, herbal teas, poultices, osteopathic treatment to improve nervous innovation to organs, breathing techniques and improving the work and home environment.
Examples of conditions that may be helped by naturopathy include:
- Breathing complaints
- ME or Chronic Fatigue
- Digestive complaints
Whitethorn Fields Mediclinic